Trisha's Blog

Canon Trisha Wick retired from CMS where she was a Mission Partner in South Sudan .
She is now a Pioneer Minister in Hull at the St Margarets Welcome Centre on Longhill Estate

Wednesday, 7 December 2016

December Newsletter

As I write this I am in the midst of the Christmas rush and will be relieved when its over. On Christmas Day I have a service to take at a local church which means I won't get to Mum in Scarborough in time for Christmas lunch so will go and open Christmas presents with her once I get there. I think my Christmas lunch will be a frozen dinner for one after I've seen Mum!

On Longhill we had a successful Christmas Fair and I then had the last week of November off to use up more of my holiday before the end of the year. I was in Filey and spent good time with Mum including various outings which were fun. Pray that Mum stays well over the Christmas period so she can enjoy the festivities and outings planned.  I find Filey relaxing and gives me space to think, however the week was interrupted with various work emails, phone calls and admin issues and I visited Hull mid week too, so not easy to switch off this time. I thank Barbara for covering for me so I could have this break.

Other Christmas activities include:
Dec. 14th  Christmas Chaos including an adult nativity play with a cast of 20 of us from the Welcome Centre. Come and join us at 3.30pm.
Dec. 19th  The Fourth King - a journey through the Christmas story.
Dec. 22nd  Christmas Lunch in our Cafe.

The good news is that we now have new heating in the Hall. Praise God!  We now need people to hire it.

PLEASE PRAY FOR:
1.  We need musicians, instruments, data projector operator and someone who can work our amplification system.
2.  Pray for more people to hire rooms so we can increase our income
3.  Pray for Jill, our Cafe Manager and her team of volunteers
4.  Pray for protection of the building against vandalism especially when closed over Christmas/New Year
5.  Our Messy Church has huge potential so pray for the team leading it 
6.  Our 'Start' Course will begin in January - very good for non Christians etc.
7.  During the Christmas break I will go through the whole of my office at home clearing out and getting everything in order. I need to do the same with my office in the Welcome Centre.
8.  At St. Margaret's we support Lynn Treneary who is a CMS Mission Partner in Maridi in South Sudan. She works at the College where I was formerly Principal. Pray for her safety during this time of
     insecurity in the country.

Several people have been asking for my Mum's address so they can send her a Christmas card. It is:
Muriel Wick, Room 22, Scarborough Hall Care Home, Mount View Avenue, Scarborough YO12 4EQ.

May God bless you this Christmas and help us to keep Christ at the centre.


Trisha Wick

No comments:

Post a Comment